Labour Card

You need to get a Labour Card before you can officially work in Abu Dhabi.

Your employer will apply for this once you have completed your residency visa process and your residents permit is in your passport.

It is the employer who applies for the Labour Card, which may not be your sponsor. For example if you are sponsored by your husband and wish to work in Abu Dhabi, your prospective employer would apply on your behalf.

The application costs AED1000 and is renewed annually.

You employer will need the following:

  • appropriate documents relating to the role (such as your attested degree certificate)
  • passport containing your residents permit
  • passport photos
  • copy of your sponsors passport and visa
  • letter of no objection from your sponsor (NOC)
- Finding work in Abu Dhabi
- Getting your Residents Visa
- Getting your ID Card

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.


We created this site to show the answers to all OUR questions. For YOUR SPECIFIC questions, try asking us? Maybe we can help...