Getting your ID Card
An ID Card issued by the Emirates Identity Authority is
all citizens and legal residents over 15 years of age in the UAE.
The aim of the ID Scheme is to reduce fraud and identity
protecting an individuals identity through the concept...
carry, something you know and something that is intrinsically yours
(fingerprint, biometric data)'.
Applying for your ID Card
- Fill in the e-form at any authorised Typing Centre with
your Valid Passport containg your valid visa, complete and submit the application e-form. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!
- Once submitted, you will then receive an SMS with the date
and place of your registration (that you must attend in
- Attend your appointment (sent via SMS) taking your
Typing Centre Receipt and your Passport. Whilst there you will be
required to have your fingerprints (including hand and palm), digital
photographs and electronic signature (retina scan) taken.
- You will be given a document with your card details, including
your cards 4
digit PIN before leaving the appointment.
- You will need to present/give your receipt document to the courier in order to receive your card delivery. Be sure to
REMOVE THE PIN number from the form before you give it to the
The pin code issued is one of the ways to gain access to the private
in your card and authenticate your identity.
Its recommended that you change your pin regularly (using Card reading
program offered by EIDA).
3 incorrect pin attempts will deactivate your
card. Contact EIDA
for more information.
The Fees are AED 100 per year of visa validity and AED 70
Typing Service plus a small fee for delivery of the card to your home
- Only cash or credit card are accepted.
- Replacing your lost or damaged ID Card costs AED
More information, including a list of aurthorised Typing
Centres can be found at the Emirates
Authority Head Office
Mohamed Bin Zayed City
PO Box. 47999,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 2 4955555
Fax: +971 2 4955550