Checklists for Moving to the UAE
There are a number of
to work through when emigrating to the UAE.
You will no doubt have already
made the decision to move, having worked meticulously though the pro's
and con's and financial impact of emigrating. If not, check
you go for some help deciding.
When you are sure you are going, its time to work
out what needs to be done to get from 'home' to your 'new home' in the
'To Do' Checklist - before you go
A simple list of what needs to be done and in what
order, before jumping on the plane and jetting off to the gulf
- Get your important documents attested 'back home'
- Inform the tax department you will be non resident
- Make a change of address list and inform all parties on it in writing.
- Choose what to air freight
- Choose what to ship
- Identify storage options for items staying back home (especailly important documents like old tax records etc)
- Organise to rent or sell your property
- Pre-pack for the flight so you know what you will have on you when you arrive, before your shipping arrives
- Sort out your Pets
- Organise postal redirection
- Collect email, phone numbers and addresses of friends and family.
- If moving with your family, contact your school of choice and reserve a place for your child in advance.
Other Handy Lists...
Leaving your home to start afresh in a new country involves a huge
amount of planning if you want things to run smoothly.
Below are the different lists that will hopefully help you, both before you leave and once you arrive in
We'll be adding and updating them regularly!
If you have any tips or advice on moving to Abu Dhabi, that you'd love to share with the world, simply contact us
and submit the form...you'll be internet famous in no time (well, only on this site!).
We'd love to hear from you and share the experiences and knowledge.